Food Finders Food Bank collaborates with other organizations to provide food for people in need and to educate, advocate and address food insecurity in North Central Indiana.
- Equality: We believe everyone deserves access to enough food to live a healthy life.
- Dignity: We believe people seeking food assistance deserve to be treated fairly and with dignity.
- Empowerment: We believe education empowers individuals to improve their lives.
- Collaboration: We believe that collaboration builds stronger communities.
- Stewardship: We believe in wise stewardship, financial transparency and that donor intent should be honored.
Diversity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Food Finders Food Bank. Because of this, Food Finders does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, marital status, sex, religion, national origin, class origin, nationality, age, physical or mental disability, military status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Food Finders stands with the Black community against racism. Food access and racial justice go hand in hand. As an organization, we are committed to ending hunger and its root causes, including racial inequity.
We are committed to taking action. We will:
– Continue to Diversify our staff and board to include more members of the Black community, other people of color and people with lived experience of hunger.
– Implement all the tenants of our Diversity Action Plan including creating a committee to develop new anti-racism training for staff, volunteers and board members.
– Coordinate open communication with Black and Latino people we serve to address how we structure policies and implement our programming.
– Listen to and amplify underrepresented voices and advocate for government policies that can make a positive impact on the lives of people facing hunger.
We will continue to work toward the day where everyone has equitable access to food.
Since 1981, Food Finders Food Bank has been a critical component of the welfare of Tippecanoe and 15 surrounding counties in Indiana: providing food to member agencies, advocating for the hungry, and educating the public about hunger-related issues. Learn more about our programs by following the links below:
- Agency Partner Program
- BackPack Program
- Mobile Pantry Program
- Fresh Market
- Food Resource & Education Center
- Education Classes
Funded by United Way, foundations, grants, the USDA, corporations, sponsors, and individual donors, Food Finders Food Bank annually distributes more than 9 million pounds of food to a network of non-profit organizations that work to alleviate hunger throughout North Central Indiana.
As a small business it’s important to participate in community events. Doing a project as worthwhile as Food Finders brings your employees together. We’d like to encourage more small businesses to join in.
With IFCU’s slogan being, ‘Making a difference, sharing the benefits’ – it was truly a rewarding experience getting to bring our words into action as sponsor of Community Harvest . It’s encouraging to see how the generosity and hard work of this community’s members-of all ages-can bring about such amazingly successful results!
Food Finders provides a much needed safety net in our community. Their commitment, dedication, and compassion fill a basic need for many of our citizens. Food Finders is an important community resource.
Food Finders has been a huge blessing to our program. I have been able to purchase toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, lotion, deodorant, comforters to so many of our clients and they have just been ecstatic. The people were so thankful; one mom got tears in her eyes. In case you can’t tell, I am overwhelmed with the goodness that Food Finders has enabled us to share with our families.
Food Finders is privileged to have the ongoing support of these United Way agencies:
United Way for Clinton County
United Way of Howard County
United Way of Cass County
White County United Way, Inc.
United Way of Greater Lafayette