Individual volunteers can sign up for a shift by clicking the volunteer calendar button below.
Check our FAQ page for frequently asked questions about volunteering at FFFB.
If you would like to bring a group to volunteer, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have questions or need assistance in signing up? Call us at 765.471.0062, we’re happy to help!
COVID-19 Volunteer Policies
If you are thinking about volunteering with us, we encourage you to consider your own health and safety when deciding whether volunteering is a good fit for you at this time. We continually monitor and revise our policies to follow those set forth by our local and state governments and the CDC guidance for the best health practices. Thank you, in advance, for your partnership with us in fighting hunger while keeping everyone safe.
Feeling ill or been around someone who is ill?
Please stay home if you are feeling ill or have possibly been exposed to someone who is ill (regardless of how you feel). Do not come in to volunteer if you have any COVID-19 symptoms or have tested positive for COVID-19. If you have experienced symptoms of COVID-19 or have tested positive for COVID-19, you may return to volunteer when all of the following are true (CDC Guidelines):
- 3 days with no fever and
- Respiratory symptoms have improved (e.g. cough, shortness of breath) and
- 10 days since symptoms first appeared
If you are able to volunteer with us, please read through and adhere to the following volunteer expectations:
- Volunteers who have not been fully vaccinated must wear a mask. More information here.
- Volunteers must sign a COVID waiver (provided through Volunteer Hub) when registering for each shift.
- Volunteers must wear gloves while handling food. (We will provide gloves.)
- Volunteers must complete a temperature check and self-declaration of health upon arrival.
- Volunteers must maintain social distance as much as possible during volunteer projects.
- Volunteers will be asked to not enter our buildings until 10 minutes prior to their shift. (Our buildings remain closed to the public during this time. At 10 minutes prior to each volunteer shift, our doors will unlock to allow access.)
- Volunteers must inform the Volunteer Coordinator (email@example.com) if they develop any COVID-19 symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19 in the 14 days following their volunteer shift. Without disclosing the identity of the volunteer, the Volunteer Coordinator will then inform the staff and any other volunteers who might have interacted with that individual while they were at Food Finders.
What to Expect from FFFB
If you are able to volunteer with us, here’s what you can expect from Food Finders Food Bank staff:
- Staff members who are not fully vaccinated will wear masks any time they are outside of their offices.
- In April 2020, FFFB hired a professional cleaning service to deep-clean and sanitize the FREC and warehouse. With the return of volunteers and soft-open of the pantry, high-risk, high-traffic areas will be cleaned and fogged nightly beginning August 3. The rest of the FREC and warehouse space will continue to be cleaned 3 times a week.
- Volunteer areas and the pantry will be cleaned and sanitized between each volunteer shift, according to CDC guidelines.
- Staff will social distance as much as possible within our workspace.
- FFFB will provide masks (to anyone who does not already have one), gloves, hand sanitizer, hand-washing stations, and non-contact thermometers for all volunteer shifts.