NOURISH & KNOWLEDGE LUNCHEON SERIES
We invite community members to enjoy a healthy lunch and learn from national and local experts about how to fight hunger in our own backyard, improve food security among low-resource populations and the future of hunger relief in north central Indiana.
The 2018 Nourish & Knowledge series will be held the second Thursday of each month from 11:30 am -1:00 pm, March through November. We will take a break in the month of August.
Tickets on sale here!
MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR THE LUNCHEON DATES
- March 8
- April 12
- May 10
- June 14
- July 12
- September 13
- October 11
- November 8
MEET OUR EVENT SPONSORS
- Heather Eicher Miller, Purdue University Nutrition Science – Food insecurity, dietary patterns, and health of Midwestern Food Pantry Clients
- Charles Dennis, Feeding America – National to Local: How Feeding America is Helping the Fight Against Hunger
- Jenny Bay, Purdue University Rhetoric and Composition – Engaging Volunteers in Community Collaboration
- Emily Wiekert Bryant, Executive Director Feeding Indiana’s Hungry (FIsH) – Benefits of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly food stamps) and Debunking Food Stamp Myths
- Jodee Ellet, Purdue Extension Local Foods Coordinator – Food Insecurity and Food Justice
- Katy Bunder, President/CEO Food Finders Food Bank, Inc. – Non-Toxic Charities
Questions or Comments? Want to sponsor an event? Contact us at email@example.com or 765.471.0062 x221