NOURISH & KNOWLEDGE LUNCHEON SERIES
We invite community members to enjoy a healthy lunch and learn from national and local experts about how to fight hunger in our own backyard, improve food security among low-resource populations and the future of hunger relief in north central Indiana.
The 2018 Nourish & Knowledge series will be held the second Thursday of each month from 11:30 am -1:00 pm, April through November.
Tickets on sale here!
MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR THE LUNCHEON DATES
- April 12 – Katy Bunder, President CEO of FFFB & Kier Crites Scherger, COO of FFFB, Pulling Back the Curtain: The Inner Working of Food Finders Food Bank
- May 10 – Myron McClure, Purdue University Assistant Director of Office of Multicultural Programs, Review of the book: 40 Chances: Finding Hope in a Hungry World by Howard G. Buffett
- June 14 – Katy Bunder, President/CEO of FFFB, Hidden Hunger in Your Neighborhood, An overview of Feeding America’s new Map the Meal Gap data
- August 9 – Erin Brock Carlson, Purdue University Department of English, Review of the book: Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis by J.D. Vance
- September 27 – Emily Weikert-Bryant, Executive Director Feeding Indiana’s Hungry (FIsH) – Benefits of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly food stamps) and Debunking Food Stamp Myths
- October 11 – Tamara Benjamin, Purdue University Horticulture and Landscape Architecture & Jenn Thompson, Secretary of the American Independent Business & Community Alliance
- November 8 – Lafayette Transitional Housing Center & Food Finders, Myth Busters: Panel of Food Insecurity Experts
MEET OUR EVENT SPONSORS
- Heather Eicher Miller, Purdue University Nutrition Science – Food insecurity, dietary patterns, and health of Midwestern Food Pantry Clients
- Charles Dennis, Feeding America – National to Local: How Feeding America is Helping the Fight Against Hunger
- Jenny Bay, Purdue University Rhetoric and Composition – Engaging Volunteers in Community Collaboration
- Emily Wiekert Bryant, Executive Director Feeding Indiana’s Hungry (FIsH) – Benefits of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly food stamps) and Debunking Food Stamp Myths
- Jodee Ellet, Purdue Extension Local Foods Coordinator – Food Insecurity and Food Justice
- Katy Bunder, President/CEO Food Finders Food Bank, Inc. – Non-Toxic Charities
Questions or Comments? Want to sponsor an event? Contact us at email@example.com or 765.471.0062 x221