Tawny Howe has served Food Finders Food Bank for little over 21 years in a variety of ways. She currently serves as our Director of Business where she handles our finances, food sourcing, and inventory.
Let’s learn more about Tawny!
- What did you do before you came here? Accounting at a boat factory
- What is your education and/or training? BS Public Finance – Indiana University
- Why did you decide to work for Food Finders Food Bank? Initially there was an opportunity and challenge of moving the accounting and inventory system from paper ledgers to a software system.
- What is your role here at Food Finders Food Bank? Director of Business, over Finance, HR and IT How long have you been in your role? Worked for Food Finders for 21 years in several capacities – Bookkeeper, Board Member, Director of Business
- What is your favorite thing about your job or Food Finders Food Bank? Striving to make the donor dollars go further in our mission to help feed more families.
- What do you think that Food Finders Food Bank has to offer Indiana? It is our ability to service 16 Indiana counties that are mainly rural with all of our programs.
- What’s the best thing that’s happened to you since you have been part of Food Finders Food Bank? 3 more kiddos to a total of 4 children, 3 sons and 1 daughter
- What do you like to do in your free time? I enjoying antique restoration and repurposing.
- What is one thing about you that might surprise people? I am very soft hearted when it comes to kids and dogs/cats.
- What is your favorite ice cream and why? I am not a big fan of ice cream but in the summer I like vanilla with fresh strawberries, simple and sweet
Thank you Tawny for your many years of commitment to Food Finders!