Did you participate in our Summer Food Service Program? Or have you heard of our BackPack Program? Well meet the person that sets these programs up behind the scenes. Courtney is our Distribution Manager for Special Populations, she handles all of our programs such as the Summer Food Service Program and the BackPack Program.
- What did you do before you came here? I worked in various healthcare fields for the past 8 years.
- What is your education and/or training? I am completing my Paralegal Studies degree at Ivy Tech.
- Why did you decide to work for Food Finders Food Bank? It is very important to me to be a part of something that improves the quality of peoples’ lives and gives them the tools and resources to have a positive long-term outlook.
- What is your role here at Food Finders Food Bank? My title is Distribution Manager for Special Populations. I coordinate and oversee our programs which include BackPack, Summer Food Service, Senior Grocery and collaboration with the United Way for the Bornlearning Academy™.
- What is your favorite thing about your job or Food Finders Food Bank? I love that I get to meet our clients and hear their stories.
- What do you think that Food Finders Food Bank has to offer Indiana? We help to put our clients in touch with additional resources as needed, as well as moving as much food as possible through our mobile pantry monthly.
- What’s the best thing that’s happened to you since you have been part of Food Finders Food Bank? I have been able to network with several individuals, schools and agencies and witness separate resources culminate together for good causes. It is very rewarding to be a part of something that comes full circle.
- What do you like to do in your free time? My kiddos keep me very busy. I also like to run, read and spend time with friends and family.
- What is one thing about you that people may not know? I sponsor a child in Rwanda.
- What is your favorite ice cream? Mint chocolate chip
Thank you COURTNEY for your hard work! We APPRECIATE YOU!