Katy Bunder has been the Executive Director for Food Finders Food Bank for the past 7 years. Katy helps guide the organization through her leadership skills to ensure we are meeting our mission.
- What did you do before you came here? I worked in graduate school admissions for the Krannert School of Management and ran a small non-profit that created affordable housing opportunities for low income people.
- What is your education and/or training? I have a BA in Politics, Randolph Macon Woman’s College( Virginia) and an M Ed. In Counseling from the University of Virginia.
- Why did you decide to work for Food Finders Food Bank? I wanted to work full-time in a non profit that was making a real difference
- What is your role here at Food Finders Food Bank? How long have you been in your role? I am the Executive Director. I have been in that role for 7 years.
- What is your favorite thing about your job or Food Finders Food Bank? That we have been able to grow and increase the role we play in the communities we serve. That I know we are making a tangible difference in the lives of children, the elderly and those who are in need.
- What do you think that Food Finders Food Bank has to offer Indiana? Food Finders offers North Central Indiana charities the opportunity to obtain food at a very low or no cost so they can operate programs such as shelters, soup kitchens, and food pantries
- What’s the best thing that’s happened to you since you have been part of Food Finders Food Bank? There have been So many good things, but two that stand out are putting together a staff that is professional and mission driven, and getting a $2 million dollar grant from North Central Health Services.
- What do you like to do in your free time? Spend time with my husband and children. Decorate and improve my old house and play with and care for my rescue dogs.
- What is one thing about you that might surprise people? That I was born and raised in Arkansas.
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor and why? It is my mother’s homemade peach ice cream. If I were told that I could only eat one food for the rest of my life it would be this ice cream!
Thank you Katy for your hard, dedicated work for Food Finders!