Fred has been part of Food Finders from the very beginning. He remembers helping the founders in their two-car garage. He started working for the food bank last year as a warehouse professional and spends most of his time traveling across our service area picking up food from our retail partners.. Let’s learn more about Fred!
- What did you do before you came here? I used to work in the Steel Factory as a machinist in Attica, IN
- What is your education and/or training? I have many skills that made me suitable for this position; I think most importantly is my hard work ethic.
- Why did you decide to work for Food Finders Food Bank? I enjoy seeing the smiles on the faces of those we serve and people I work with at the food bank are super nice!
- What is your role here at Food Finders Food Bank? How long have you been in your role? I have a variety of roles here in the warehouse; most of the time I drive one of our retail pickup routes to pick up food. I also handle Tuesday night Whistlestops and anything else I am asked to do.
- What is your favorite thing about your job or Food Finders Food Bank? The employees here treat me well and are very friendly.
- What do you think that Food Finders Food Bank has to offer Indiana? Food Finders provide meals to thousands and thousands of people in Indiana.
- What’s the best thing that’s happened to you since you have been part of Food Finders Food Bank? I lost a lot of weight with all of the walking and lifting I do at the food bank
- What do you like to do in your free time? I like to spend time with my three grandkids.
- What is one thing about you that might surprise people? The most surprising thing about me is that I was part of Food Finders from the very beginning. My family was very close to the founders of Food Finders.
- What is your favorite ice cream and why? Rocky Road because of all of the munchies in it!