Barbara Sharkey recently joined our team as an Accounting Assistant. She supports all functions related to accounting, reporting, and inventory for FFFB. Let’s learn more about her!
- What did you do before you came here?I had various accountant positions.
- What is your education and/or training?Experienced Accountant/Financial Analyst and MBA
- Why did you decide to work for Food Finders Food Bank?So I could use my skills to assist others.
- What is your role here at Food Finders Food Bank? How long have you been in your role?I am the Account Assistant and I have been here one month.
- What is your favorite thing about your job or Food Finders Food Bank?I enjoy working with the people; both co-workers and clients.
- What do you think that Food Finders Food Bank has to offer Indiana?FFFB assists people who are in need of food in Tippecanoe and surrounding area.
- What’s the best thing that’s happened to you since you have been part of Food Finders Food Bank?I participated on a Mobile Pantry and Agency Education Days and met some of our clients.
- What do you like to do in your free time?Gardening, cooking, and attend many of Purdue Athletic events. I ‘m also the Treasurer for the BOILERmaker NETwork, which is the booster club for Purdue’s Women’s Basketball team.
- What is one thing about you that might surprise people?Most people don’t realize I’m single sided deaf.
- What is your favorite ice cream and why?Vanilla is my favorite because I can add fresh fruit to it.