Matt has been with Food Finders now for a couple of months. He joined us first as our maintenance guy but we then realized quickly that he is helpful in so many other areas in the Warehouse. Matt now helps out on the Shop Floor pulling orders for our agencies. Matt always has a smile on his face and we are lucky to have him on our team.
- What did you do before you came here? I was the front desk manager at Comfort Inn Hotel in Lafayette.
- What is your education and/or training? I graduated from Purdue University in 2012 with a degree in elementary education.
- Why did you decide to work for Food Finders Food Bank? My friend, Jose, told me about it and it sounded like an amazing company that does great things for the community.
- What is your role here at Food Finders Food Bank?How long have you been in your role? I work on the shop floor. I have been doing this for 2 weeks, prior to that I did a little bit of everything from maintenance to delivering orders.
- What is your favorite thing about your job or Food Finders Food Bank? The whole staff is very friendly and helpful. Everyone is willing to go the extra mile to help a customer or an employee.
- What do you think that Food Finders Food Bank has to offer Indiana? It is a company willing to help anyone in need. I’ve been amazed to see the amount of food that is distributed in the area.
- What’s the best thing that’s happened to you since you have been part of Food Finders Food Bank? I was a part of the Food Finders team that won Tippy Connect’s Corporate Challenge.
- What do you like to do in your free time? I like playing and watching sports. I also like to play poker with friends.
- What is one thing about you that might surprise people? I broke my back in 4 places in high school. I have 2 rods and 8 screws in my back.
- What is your favorite ice cream and why? Chocolate, I am a man of simple tastes.