Doug has been working with Food Finders for little over two years now. You probably have seen him on the shop floor helping our agencies with their orders. Doug is now in the sort room helping out the volunteers. If you have not met him, please come and visit! Doug is always in a positive mood!
- What did you do before you came here? Before working here, I was in the Navy for six years and taught middle school and junior high for 10 years. I also drove for a construction materials company for 16 years.
- What is your education and/or training? I have a degree in teaching and a master’s degree in curriculum and instruction.
- Why did you decide to work for Food Finders Food Bank? I viewed it as an honorable organization that was meeting a need. Also, my church has a food pantry, so I was familiar with FFFB and some of the employees due to picking up food for our food pantry.
- What is your role here at Food Finders Food Bank? How long have you been in your role? For the past two weeks, I have been working in the sort room. Prior to that I was working on the shop floor .
- What is your favorite thing about your job or Food Finders Food Bank? I love working with the employees here and the agency representatives. I also love math and this job offers me a lot of opportunities to use it.
- What do you think that Food Finders Food Bank has to offer Indiana? FFFB has immense potential to feed the hungry.
- What’s the best thing that’s happened to you since you have been part of Food Finders Food Bank? Working with wonderful people in the warehouse and on the shop floor.
- What do you like to do in your free time? I don’t get a lot of free time, so when I do, I sleep.
- What is one thing about you that might surprise people? I’ve written and recorded more than 65 songs that can be found on the internet.
- What is your favorite ice cream and why? Anything with Butterfinger in it. I like the peanut butter and the crunchiness.