Gerald Thomas is Food Finder’s Major Gift Officer. Gerald got involved with Food Finders as a board member 3 years ago. He is responsible for identifying and cultivating major gifts for us. He has really helped Food Finders throughout our Capital Campaign. Let’s learn more about Gerald!
- What did you do before you came here? I was an Account Executive for IU Health in Indianapolis.
- What is your education and/or training? I received my Bachelors Degree in Industrial Management from Purdue with courses in fundraising from the IU School of Philanthropy.
- Why did you decide to work for Food Finders Food Bank? I was a board member for 3 years and felt I could make an even greater impact by being on staff at Food Finders. A development position at Food Finders became available and here I am.
- What is your role here at Food Finders Food Bank? How long have you been in your role? I am the Capital Campaign/Major Gifts Officer responsible for engaging donors and asking for major gifts to Food Finders. I have been in this role since July 2014.
- What is your favorite thing about your job or Food Finders Food Bank? I enjoy being able to assist food insecure families and individuals obtain much needed food along with meeting donors who care about our cause and want to help support Food Finders financially.
- What do you think that Food Finders Food Bank has to offer Indiana? We can affect positive change for food insecure families and individuals in Mid-North Indiana.
- What’s the best thing that’s happened to you since you have been part of Food Finders Food Bank? Just the support I receive from the communities we serve in Mid-North Indiana; being able to meet with individuals who have a passion for our mission and vision and working with some passionate employees at Food Finders.
- What do you like to do in your free time? I enjoy being with my family and friends, watching sports, reading, being outdoors and listening to smooth jazz.
- What is one thing about you that might surprise people? I was detained outside the Oval Office by White House security in 1983. Ask me and I will tell you more.
- What is your favorite ice cream and why? Chocolate almond. Ice cream and nuts – the combination tastes great.