Ian is Food Finder’s Assistant Director for the Warehouse. He helps to ensure that food is picked up, inventory accurately maintained and food is distributed to our clientele in a safe, efficient, cost effective manner. Let’s learn more about him!
- What did you do before you came here? I spent a few years working in healthcare for individuals with developmental disabilities before taking a year to help my parents renovate a house in North Carolina.
- What is your education and/or training? I received my Bachelor’s in Sociology from Kentucky Wesleyan College in Owensboro, KY.
- Why did you decide to work for Food Finders Food Bank? Since I am not from this area, I did not know about Food Finders until a friend told me about an open position with the organization. After going through the Food Finders website I just knew I wanted to be a part of their mission.
- What is your role here at Food Finders Food Bank? How long have you been in your role? I started as the Shop Floor Manager in January this year and became the Assistant Director for the Warehouse in August.
- What is your favorite thing about your job or Food Finders Food Bank? Working with our agencies to try to find better ways to meet the needs of their programs and communities.
- What do you think that Food Finders Food Bank has to offer Indiana? We offer our partner agencies and program participants food and educational resources.
- What’s the best thing that’s happened to you since you have been part of Food Finders Food Bank? A few months after I started at Food Finders I was able to attend a mobile pantry. It can be easy to get caught up in everything going on in the warehouse and not recognize the impact of that work outside of these walls, but seeing the end result of that work and the impact it has in our communities is a great motivator.
- What do you like to do in your free time? I spend an hour or two a day at the gym and the rest of my free time is devoted to Netflix.
- What is one thing about you that might surprise people?b I’ve ridden the 1994 Lillehammer Olympics bobsled track.
- What is your favorite ice cream and why? Ben & Jerry’s Phish Food – if I’m going to eat junk food, I might as well make sure it has as many unhealthy ingredients as possible.