- This event has passed.
Nourish & Knowledge – A lunch & learn series
September 27 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
An event every month that begins at 11:30am on day Second of the month, repeating until November 8, 2018
We invite community members to enjoy a healthy lunch and learn from national and local experts about how to fight hunger in our own backyard, improve food security among low-resource populations and the future of hunger relief in north central Indiana.
The 2018 Nourish & Knowledge series will be held the second Thursday of each month from 11:30 am -1:00 pm, April through November. We will take a break in the month of July.
- April 12 – Katy Bunder, President CEO of FFFB & Kier Crites Scherger, COO of FFFB, Pulling Back the Curtain: The Inner Working of Food Finders Food Bank
- May 10 – Myron McClure, Purdue University Assistant Director of Office of Multicultural Programs, Review of the book: 40 Chances: Finding Hope in a Hungry World by Howard G. Buffett
- June 14 – Katy Bunder, President/CEO of FFFB, Hidden Hunger in Your Neighborhood, An overview of Feeding America’s new Map the Meal Gap data
- August 9 – Erin Brock Carlson, Purdue University Department of English, Review of the book: Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis by J.D. Vance
- September 27 – Emily Weikert-Bryant, Executive Director Feeding Indiana’s Hungry (FIsH) – Benefits of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly food stamps) and Debunking Food Stamp Myths
- October 11 – Tamara Benjamin, Purdue University Horticulture and Landscape Architecture & Jenn Thompson, Pantry Coordinator at Food Finders Food Bank
- November 8 – Lafayette Transitional Housing Center & Food Finders, Myth Busters: Panel of Food Insecurity Experts