Thank you to our caring community! We see the outpouring of support and we appreciate each of you! Please bear with us as we adjust and modify our hunger relief programs – we are adapting on a daily basis as we work to keep up with newly released guidelines.
Our top priority is keeping our pantry and mobile pantries open and operational in a modified version.
These programs serve entire families and seniors; we must put our limited resources into our programs with the greatest impact at this time. Additionally, we are working with our community partners who are filling in the gaps by providing additional meal programs.
Our J.P. Lisack Community Food Pantry has been modified to a drive-through distribution at Linwood School, located at 1415 Ball Street in Lafayette until further notice. We ask that pantry visitors traveling by car enter from Greenbush and 13th Street no earlier than 30 minutes prior to the start.
- We ask that pantry visitors traveling by car enter from Greenbush and 13th Street no earlier than 12:30 pm.
- Meal boxes will be distributed, as well as fresh produce and frozen protein.
FFFB will offer two drive-through pantries per week and double the amount of food allotted to each household. With this change, and to help ensure that FFFB has enough food, we ask that households visit only once per week, limit two households per vehicle. Please take time to clear out space in your trunk or the back end of your vehicle for a box of food. FFFB is implementing these changes in order to have fewer interactions and thus fewer opportunities for the potential spread of COVID-19.
- Friday, April 3 from 1 pm – 4 pm
- Tuesday, April 7 from 1 pm – 4 pm
- Thursday, April 9 from 1 pm – 4 pm
- Tuesday, April 14 from 1 pm – 4 pm
- Friday, April 17 from 1 pm – 4 pm
Find a pantry near your anywhere in Indiana with the Food Assistance Availability Map provided by Indiana State Family and Social Services Administration.
Mobile Pantry Program
The Mobile Pantry Program is modified to a drive-through distribution and will run as scheduled until further notice or changes need to be made. Find a mobile pantry distribution near you here.
Community Resource Guides
SNAP Application Assistance
Contact Food Finders Food Bank staff for help applying for SNAP or food stamps – (765) 471-0062. Learn more here.
FFFB is communicating with our 72 BackPack Partners and sites to ensure they have the resources needed when schools reopen as well as providing information to BackPack families for local food resources in the interim. Many of our sites are working creatively with their schools to continue a modified service.
FFFB is working to ensure that we are stocked and able to continue a steady supply of food to our 110 agency partners around our service area. Our partners are critical in this effort; most are modifying their service models to provide food bags/boxes as a way to incorporate social distancing while continuing service.
All classes at Food Finders have been canceled until further notice.
Ongoing – FFFB Taking Action
- FFFB’s top priority is to ensure our neighbors facing hunger have access to food when they need us most.
- The most impactful way that FFFB can serve our communities during this time is to keep our pantry and mobile pantries open and operational in a modified way.
- These programs serve entire families and seniors; we must put our limited resources into our programs with the greatest impact during this crisis.
- We continue to monitor the situation on a daily basis and adjust our plans accordingly to be of the greatest service.
- We are taking action to prevent the spread of the virus and support the health and well-being of our staff, clients and community by additional cleaning, sanitizing and implementation of social distancing
- Ongoing updates are posted to our website and social media as they occur.
How can you help?
- Donate funds
- Stay connected on social media
For the most up-to-date information on any additional response from Food Finders Food Bank, visit food-finders.org, or follow Food Finders Food Bank on Facebook, FoodFindersFoodBank on Instagram or on Twitter at FoodFinders.
Food Finders posted an update on the Coronavirus on March 12.